We know that all breeds are different.
Meet our unique test exclusively for breeders.
The Canine Autoimmune Thyroiditis Screening Kit (TgAA) is an effective and easy test for autoimmune thyroiditis. It’s especially useful for rare and new breeds with small genes pools.
Test samples are analyzed at our Hemopet lab that exclusively runs age and breed specific, non-regular active thyroid test.
What does the test do?
Canine Autoimmune Thyroiditis Screening Kit (TgAA):
- Affordable, effective, and easy test for autoimmune thyroiditis
- Checked every 6-12 months from puberty to age 8 to select breeding stock
- Identifies 92% of those carrying this heritable trait with the thyroglobulin autoantibody (TgAA) assay
- Applies to all breeds at risk for thyroiditis, including hybrids
- Useful for rare or new breeds with small gene pools
- Useful to screen parents and siblings and close relatives of suspected or proven thyroiditis cases
- Uses filter paper kit provided to which you add a blood spot from a toe nail vessel
What is included?
This thyroiditis test kit for dogs includes everything needed to screen for this disease:
- Detailed information about the disease and the test
- A simple blood spot collection kit
- Plastic pouch containing a desiccant bag
- Dog and owner return address information form.
- A return mailer, for shipping specimen to our laboratory